Monday, September 10, 2012

“God sets the lonely in families” Psalm 68:6…


Thank goodness the giver of the promise may be trusted.

Before I left for Africa, whenever I would tell someone what I was doing after graduation the next questions 87% of people would ask was if I was going with anyone else. At first I thought this was a weird response, but once I got here I quickly learned just how hard it is to go to a place like this, or any place for that matter, alone. 

Being lonely honestly is one of my biggest fears.  Ironically, my dear friend Amy asked if I wanted to read through Elizabeth Elliot’s book “Path of Loneliness” together while we were both in Africa. I know what you are thinking… that sounds depressing, but since Amy and I were newfound friends when she suggested this, I agreed.  So Amy, Elizabeth Elliot, Jesus, and me embarked on this lonely path together. Thank goodness my path of loneliness ended in me discovering a loving Father who never leaves us alone. 
Wouldn't want to be on a path of loneliness with anyone else but you.


There has definitely been times where I have been lonely since being here but I am learning that if God had eliminated the problem of being alone for me, He would have eliminated the particular kind of blessing which it bears.  Being alone made me realize that I am never really alone, we have Emmanuel, God with us… And He has also blessed me with some pretty wonderful people too!

Meet my Kenyan “family”
My multicultural team! Adriana, Tass, and Ed. Four friends from four different countries.

My A. She has the biggest heart. 

Faith, Hope, and Milcah. 
My little brother and sisters 
Hope
Preston 
Faith







My Momma Maureen 
Always missing this family.
The greatest people you will ever meet. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful God is showing you new families and His faithfulness in you never being alone. I'm also thankful for and jealous of all those wonderful people loving on you and I know they are blessings to you in more ways than one. I love you lots best friend!

    ReplyDelete