Friday, August 31, 2012

Ken-ya Dig it?


You know those days that are so full that when you think back on them it feels like three… Saturday I had one of those wonderful days!

It started with bible club where for the first thirty minutes I was the only adult with 50 kids who barely speak English… Praise the Lord that singing can cross language barriers. It is so fun for me to hear these sweet kids sing praises to Jesus in another language! Our God is so big!
After they sang and dances their little hearts out I got to watch the bible club teacher give them new shoes. Watching the joy they got out of something like a pair of shoes was really humbling for me.



Thhhhen I got to go to “Battle of the Dance Crews” (which is as awesome as it sounds). Since I have been in Kibera I have been hanging out with the dance team so watching them compete AND WIN in the Kenyan version of “So You Think You Can Dance” was the perfect end to the perfect day! 



1 comment: