Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home

“And even though I realized I cannot always mend or meet, I can enter in. I can enter into someone’s pain and sit with them and know. This is Jesus. Not that He apologizes for the hard and the hurt but He enters in, He comes with us to the hard places”

Until I moved to Kibera a few weeks ago, I had never been immersed in poverty before.  Living in a place like this (just like anywhere) has its joys and its heartbreaks but it really has forced me to look at the question of suffering.  One thing that keeps coming up in my quite times since I have been here is the idea of great loss producing even greater gain, which is the beauty of the gospel. I have recently gotten to experience this in my own life and now I am getting to watch it in Kibera. What a sweet Savior we have who promises that even though something may seem hard that He will enter in, make beauty from ashes, and produce something great!







“We go on living in a fractured world, suffering one way or another the effects of sin – sometimes our own, sometimes others. Yet I have come to understand that even suffering, through the transforming power of the cross, as a gift, for in this broken world, in our sorrow, He gives Himself” – Elizabeth Elliot 

No comments:

Post a Comment