Thursday, July 26, 2012

Time flies when you're having fun!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good" has totally taken on a new meaning...

Reading the bible should always be done with chocolate and mountains! Try it.

It is hard to believe that I have already been in Kenya for two weeks! The country and the people are beautiful and I am truly loving it here.

My mountain 


Go wings!


I spent most of the first week feeling like an alien. Things that seem so simple in the United States like picking out shampoo or making a phone call took me forever. I definitely am learning how to laugh at myself! But now that the initial culture shock over I am beginning to settle in and I'm falling in love with the way Africans do life. They are so generous and kind and when you talk to someone you feel like you have made an instant friend. 

It is really cool how being removed from what is normal and comfortable can cause you to learn more about yourself in 14 days than you had in the past year...hopefully this keeps up and 5 months from now I look a lot more like Jesus! 





3 comments:

  1. This is all SO wonderful Kar :) The children are so precious and beautiful!! Miss you and love you! Ps. I'm loving the Patagonia getup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky country to have you! You look happy Kar. I wish I could hug you but I am so proud of your commitment to being fully where you are. 138 days til youre in my arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! Reading this brought so much joy to my morning coffee devotional time this morning. You are perfect and look so happy!!! Jesus is glowing through you, I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete