Thursday, May 17, 2012

Can I just praise Jesus for a minute?

I just got back from orientation and my heart feels so full! If I'm being completely honest, I was dreading going, but the Lord made it such a sweet time of laughter and encouragement and I have never been more sure that I am exactly where He has me!

I got to learn so much about what I'll be doing, African culture, and even got some great news about a giraffe park in Nairobi, which thanks to my new precious friend Amy is playing out like this in my head.


For those of you who ever questioned if God hears our little prayers, I put the lofty task of petting a giraffe on my bucket-list in the fourth grade and am officially going to cross it off as a 22 year old! Amen! 

I also got the joy of experiencing chick-fila for the first time all over again through the eyes of Mari! She is from North Dakota (which I am officially crossing off my list of places I'm willing to live because the closest chick-fila is apparently in Iowa)... She had a #1 combo meal, no pickles, a sweet tea with lemon and LOVED it. 

"It's my pleasure!"

God is so faithful and I am so thankful for his fellowship at orientation. It was truly life-giving to be around so many people on fire for Him! If this was a taste of what Africa will be like I think I am going to like it just fine. 

1 comment: