Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sweetly Broken


“It has always seemed to me that broken things, just like broken people get used more; its probably because God has more pieces to work with” –Bob Goff

Walking down the street here allows me to see some pretty awesome stuff, but one of my favorite things to do is watch the kids play.  The things they find and use as toys are not only creative but its also teaching me a lot about the beauty in finding a purpose for broken things.

There are so many things in this world that are broken and recently I have been thinking a lot about the idea of brokenness…. brokenness of things, brokenness of humanity, and my own brokenness. Thankfully being here has also made me come to love brokenness, especially my own.  Jesus can use me, not just when I’m broken, but especially because I’m broken and this truth has been so fun to learn while I have been out here.


“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong”
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

“From the bow of brokenness, God launches the arrows of healing.” –Louie Giglio


IN OTHER NEWS!!!! KATIE AND CARSON ARE ENGAGED!!!! I cannot wait to be yalls third wheel all the way down the aisle! Love you both!
Carson, we were dreaming about this day way back in 2009... see




1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAH that picture is gross! But it's true... we were dreaming of this, all the way back in Montana! Miss you Kar, come home soon! December 13th can't come fast enough...

    ReplyDelete